Veterans explores the question of what it means to be a war veteran, in the context of the Malvinas/ Falkland War.
This video installation asks how this war is remembered by those men who were around 18 year-old soldiers in 1982, and are now in 2014, at the age of 50 something, veterans. Each of the veterans reconstructs his experience in a space he currently attends daily: a psychologist re-enacts a bomb explosion at the Psychiatric Hospital where he works, a triathlon champion re-enacts the death of this partner in the swimming pool where he trains every day…All of them perform their war memories like in a time machine that brings their past into their present.
- Concept and direction: Lola Arias.
- Performed by Argentinean veterans of the Malvinas/ Falkland War: Guillermo Dellepiane, Daniel Terzano, Marcelo Vallejo, Dario Volonté, Fabián Volonté.
- Mise en scene: Nele Wohlatz, Ignacio Masllorens.
- Cinematography: Manuel Abramovich.
- Camera: Manuel Abramovich, Ignacio Masllorens.
- Sound: Francisco Pedemonte, Facundo Moreno.
- Production: Sofía Medici, Luz Algranti.
- Editing: Alejo Moguillansky.
- Editing Collaboration: Nele Wohlatz.
- Translation: Daniel Tunnard.
VETERANS was presented at:
Royal Court Theatre London
Theaterformen Festival Braunschweig
Weinberg / Newton Gallery Chicago
Parque de la Memoria (as part of the exhibition Stunt double)